Τρίτη 22 Ιουλίου 2008













To love another means to lose yourself.....?
I remember these words in a TV series called "Charmed" just before the younger sister, Phoebe, accepted the marriage proposal coming from the love of her life....
But I really don't know what to believe...not about love...I am a huge fan of love, I am talking about marriage.
For me marriage is a bunch of papers that indicate my decision to spend the rest of my busy life with someone else and to share with this person my worries,my problems and children.It has nothing to do with love and it has nothing to do with bonding or feeling any obligation towards the other person. The tax refund, however, is something interesting...
No relationship should be based on marriage...marriage is not a remedy for broken relationships.Marriage is the natural ending.
My significant other has been pushing me to marry him for over a year now...and it's not that I don't want to,maybe I will sometime in the future, but the pressure feels like a stone wrapped around my neck that I have to drag everywhere I go.
The relationship itself has got so many problems that I don't know where to begin. The ideas that women are supposed to be housewives and mothers and to have a job in the real world all at the same time are simply incompatible inside my mind. I am getting married because I need help not because I need the extra burden and suffering...
He doesn't understand my quest for my final position in this society. I am trying to make up my mind and stick to my decision.
I am trying to show him the huge gap we already have due to our distant cultures and the way we were brought up. These cultures and needs and dreams and hopes are merely implants,I realize that, but ,nevertheless, I have been carrying them for 29 years in my mind and soul. I cannot simply wipe them out.
In my effort to unfold every single part of personality I found myself misunderstood and accused of jealousy, hysteria and disregard of other people's feelings and needs.
Where do I begin to explain myself?
I am a 29-year-old woman whose priorities are confused. I would like to build my career and then get married. I want my independence (within logical grounds,of course) and I yearn for the happy and loving family I have never had....And I want to make all these things happen with a person who thinks that women are not equal to men!
I have never been a feminist, I do believe that women are "the weaker sex". We need love and comfort and security and affection. This does not mean that the men in our lives should rule our lives. I feel like the stronger one in my relationship. So strong that in any moment I am able to bring down the stars in the sky for him. All I ask in return is for my personality and my character to stay intact.
I want to hear the three little words that turn women from raging Harpies into quiet sheep..." I am sorry", every time we have a fight.
I don't like the door being slammed to my face and when it happens I want my other half back in 4-5 hours even if I'm wrong. This shows me that there's nothing WE cannot overcome.
I am a difficult person,I am totally aware of that. But I do possess certain soft spots that if one drops me on them, I will find a way to bring down the stars we were talking about. I am more than willing to make arrangements for the apple of my eye to feel comfortable with my lifestyle. But please,please little apple don't threaten to demolish my whole existence. Certain things can't be torn, can't be touched, are not negotiable.
I've tried to understand your TV obsession and ignored my headache, I've managed to compromise with a type of behaviour in front of your family and friends so that you feel that I don't stand out from the crowd that's gathered around us.
Don't tie me down, don't put me in panic that I will be from now on foremost a housewife. Don't impose your opinion on me...prove yourself right and I'll follow.
Once I was compared to the comet of Halley...and it was correct..I can take you for a walk or a flight to gaze at the universe. All I want is from you is to be my burning fuel,the power that pushes me forward...but since I am a comet, if you chain me, I'll stay with you for a moment but not forever, the need inside me to find my original place is so powerful that will break the chains and set me free again, off for another journey.
I want you to come with me and enjoy the ride, it gets lonely going through the skies alone...


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: